Saturday 18 May 2013

New superheroes set for Avengers 2

So being bored on Facebook a friend sent me a link about Avengers 2 which I am already incredibly excited for. Clicking the link I stumble across, what I personally think, is the best news for comic film fans in a long time.

It has been announced that the writer/director Joseph Whedon for the new avenger film has announced that two new avengers will be joining the team! And they are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Both of whom I am incredibly excited about. Whilst they are well known to the comic community for being the son and daughter of the powerful mutant Magneto, I am wondering whether this will be bought up in the new film which is set to be released in 2015.

Although excited I am kind of skeptical about how they are going to portray the Scarlet Witch. I know aliens and gods are not uncommon in the first Avenger film, and that it won't be as 'realistic' as the Dark Knight Trilogy, but will thy really give Scarlet Witch the almighty powers that she actually has or will they tone it down a bit. The latter would be a real shame to any comic book fan.

My last little point is that as these two new additions are actually mutants, as well as the children of a mutant, will it be mentioned/hinted at in the upcoming film? The possibility to link the 2 franchises could result in something huge for everyone, if done correctly. You have to admit that it would be freaking sweet if it led to a combined movie such as Avengers Vs X-Men (Although some key characters such as Professor X and Cyclops have already been killed off in X-men: Last Stand)


Can't wait to here more news!!

Thank you for reading, please remember to +1 and subscribe to the blog if you like the stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment